Learn how to use your own domain or subdomain with your NiftyKit storefront page.
If you own a domain through a third-party service, you can connect it or its subdomains to your NiftyKit account.
Click here to visit a recent example of the hosted solution: https://nft.quantumvariant.com
Before you begin:
- Custom storefronts requires a paid NiftyKit Monthly Membership Plan. To find out more about our subscription check out our pricing page.
- If you do not own a domain, you will need to purchase one so that you can configure your storefront
- If your domain is already in use with a website hosted on another service, connecting your domain or the www subdomain to NiftyKit may redirect it. Please ensure that you use a subdomain if you do not want to affect your current website.
How it works
To connect your domain or subdomain to NiftyKit, you’ll create a DNS (Domain Name Service) record values in your DNS settings. You’ll need to access and add the correct values into your DNS provider’s domain manager.
Domain connections require updates or additions to CNAME and A records, while subdomain connections require only an additional CNAME record.
Connect a subdomain to your NiftyKit storefront
1. To connect a subdomain in your NiftyKit Storefront, follow these steps.
2. Create a
CNAME record field for your subdomain in your domain provider account
3. Set the subdomain you want in the Host Name.
4. For the value you will point to
handle.niftykitapp.com please replace
handle with your handle in your account profile underneath your name.
nft in this example above to point to my profile
5. Click Save button to apply
The subdomain connection can take up to 48 hours, depending on your domain provider.
When the connection process is complete, you can send your loyal fans and customers directly to your domain to help build confidence with your collectors and ensure that they are getting your work as advertised instead of some fake that is listed on Opensea or Rarible.
Sign Up To Configure Your Storefront
Create DNS records with common providers
Dreamhost: How do I add custom DNS records?
DNSimple: Add a CNAME record
GoDaddy: Add a CNAME record
Network Solutions: How Do I Modify CNAME Records?
Yahoo Small Business: How do I add, edit, and delete a CNAME record?