Here’s the complete list of updates included in NiftyKit v6.5:
- 🚧 Marketplace Sales Controls: Locking NFTs on specific marketplaces so they cannot be transferred or traded in any way
- 🤝 Project Collaboration: Grant read/write access to individual NFT projects to finally collaborate with teammates, friends, or contributors.
- 🚀 NiftyKit Team Pass – Allows you to define access roles and permit other users to control your smart contracts. With just one pass you can add your entire team and turn NiftyKit into a collaborative team experience. All members added receive full access to NiftyKit, including the ability to create new collections + inherit the same sales fee percentage.
Marketplace Sales Controls
NFT royalties are a core value proposition of NFTs, but they’re also a touchy subject. As the debate surrounding NFT royalties rages on, one thing’s for sure: abandoning royalties means creators would be parting with a substantial source of passive income—and potentially leaving millions on the table.
As NFTs become more popular and more valuable, it seems likely that more creators will want to implement and control royalty systems themselves and take advantage of what they see as a core value proposition of NFTs.
We admit that on-chain royalty enforcement is difficult. Instead of on-chain enforcement, it’s historically been up to centralized NFT marketplaces to choose whether or not to enforce creator-imposed royalties. In fact, this month has seen a lot of discussion about whether or not NFTs should be paying royalties at all—which is why we at NiftyKit decided it was time for us to chime in.
At NiftyKit, we aim to provide features for creators to manage their smart contracts. We want to give the creators the power to choose which operators can interact with their NFTs. We’re excited to announce our newest feature: NFT Marketplace Sales Controls
This new feature allows you to choose which operators can interact with your NFTs. You get to decide who can make offers on your NFTs, where it sells, who can transfer them between wallets, and more.
We want to incentivize creators to continue to deliver value and prevent certain operators from taking advantage of their work.
The ability to “lock” your NFTs so that they cannot be transferred or traded in any way is available for all tiers of DropKit Pass.
How It Works
Inside your Drop Collection, you will find “Marketplace Controls” in the 3-dot dropdown menu.
You are able to toggle on and off to approve or block each marketplace.
The marketplaces available to block are:
Each time you block a marketplace, you will make a small smart contract call to update the settings for your entire collection.
This feature will allow creators to restrict certain operators from interacting with the NFT.
This will require knowing the operator’s smart contract address, but operators tend to create a proxy address for all permissions for usability purposes.
This may not be the solution to preventing all future transactions by those operators (they can change their smart contract address), but it allows creators to control who is not allowed to interact with their NFTs.
This does not solve the royalty problems presented in the abstract but provides more levers for creators to voice their opinions.
Grant read/write access to individual NFT projects to finally collaborate with teammates, friends, or contributors on an NFT drop.
When you create an NFT drop in NiftyKit, you will be able to invite users to your project.
When you add an Admin, you will add a wallet address that can be connected
How It Works
- Inside of your Drop Collection you will see a “Members” tab.
- Click Add Admin to add an admin by wallet address
- Click Invite to open Invite Dialog Box and invite a Viewer
- You will see 2 options to invite a viewed user
- Invite Link
- Add the user’s Email to send them an invite.
- Or copy and send the invite link directly to invite users
If the invitee does not have an account, they will be prompted to create an account before accessing your project.
For the Invite Links, the link doesn’t expire until you regenerate one, which can be done in the same dialog.
NiftyKit Team Pass
Collaborating on NFTs is a great way to get the most out of your collection and in our latest update we make adding new team members easy!
With a Team Pass, you can define access roles and give other users permission to control your smart contracts.
This feature is perfect for:
- Artist Collaborations
As companies and businesses begin to onboard, they require multiple users to have access and control over smart contracts. The Team Pass is a way to define access roles and give other users permission to control your smart contracts.
If you hold an Advanced Pass or higher, you can provide team members or clients the ability to access the project as a viewer only or admin to manage the smart contracts.
How It Works
- Click My Pass on your Dashboard
- Upgrade to a DropKit Pass (Advanced & up required for Team Pass)
- Click Add Member
- Enter the wallet address to give admin access to
- Click Add Member & Pay a transaction to submit
- Once completed, that wallet will have admin access
To remove users, click remove and add the wallet address to remove as an admin from your account.
Join Us Now
Ready to unleash the power of DropKit? Purchase a pass today by clicking here.